Friday 7 May 2010

BYOC!

1. Do you have any nicknames? (Thanks for this question Joey)

• Well as my name is Fiona I get called Fi by some people (never FiFi thank you!) and DH usually calls me babe but that's about it. Well I bet some people have called me Fiona the moaner in the past but not to my face. Grrrrr

2. What was your “last straw”? The incident/situation that made you decide to get a lap band or commit to losing weight via any plan this time?

I didn't have one "last straw" moment. It was more a gradual drip drip of "I'm so fat" moments. And up until two years ago I had not suffered health wise. I was tired of not being able to go on theme park rides, not having any confidence, not feeling sexy. I could go on. And mainly my hips and back were so painful in bed that I would have to get up at 6am as I couldn't stand to lay down any longer. I felt old before my time and its not good to live a life where you hate yourself all the time.

3. What’s your favorite joke or funny story? (This is from Sandy – she needs some laughter to start the weekend and requested this one.)

I have a silly sense of humour so kids jokes crack me up.
Like, what do Mexicans have under their carpet? Underlay, Underlay, Underlay!
Or Did you hear about the insomniac atheist dyslexic who layed awake all night wondering if there was a DOG?
(Ever wondered why they made Dyslexic so hard to spell?)

4. If you could be a TV dinner – what flavor would you be?

Oh mmm??? Maybe Chilli Con Carne, or fried chicken and spicy wedges with potato chips on the side. This is a hard question because at the moment nothing is going down so its hard to imagine any food being swallowed. Plus I don't really like spicy food so why did I pick Chilli??? Maybe I'm missing flavour?

5. The question we do every week so everyone can be a little famous without having to do an official blog award….what blog or comment stuck with you or spoke to you the most this week and why?

This week was LDswims and her post about her mother which really touched my heart and My New Life Rules with the escaping BOOB story.

2 comments:

  1. That was funny about the escape boob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nickname "Fi". I work with a girl name Fiona and we always call her Fi. Guess we're lazy. Thanks for the jokes. I've been reading them all. Hope you get some food down. It'll all work out.

    ReplyDelete