Friday 14 May 2010

The big five O

Who would have thought I would welcome the big five O?
Well it's easy to do when the five O is followers.

Thank you all so much for following my blog and leaving your encouraging comments. I hope some of my ramblings have helped in some small way because I have gained so much from reading all yours.

Today I want to talk about wind and fear.

Wind.
Since getting the band things of a digestive nature have change somewhat. The main change is burping. This may be a TMI situation but when I burp I swallow a gulp of air then that brings up the burp. Now this may be how everyone burps I don't know. Anyway now I feel a burp, swallow the gulp of air and then that gets stuck!!! This continues until I give up for fear of exploding and deal with the uncomfortable wind. Then days later I will move in a certain position (never can remember what position it is) and a burp will come up but this is no ordinary burp. Its the longest burp in the history of flatulence. Seriously I could say the alphabet twice!

And then there is the other end. If the above has continued without some sort of release the wind makes a break for another escape route. And now i am like an old lady in the supermarket that walks and pops off at the same time with no shame. I am just glad the wind is gone, I don't care who hears me.
Whats with that?????
Please let me know how you have dealt with this and if there are any secret remedies to release the wind in a company friendly way.

Now on to fear.
I am in the process of job hunting. I am petrified. I have no confidence in my own abilities and I'm not looking for a confidence boosting compliment here, they don't work for me.
So I get a call today about my CV. Someone is interested. This call is only from a recruiting agency not the employer but I go into panic mode. Hello, here comes the IBS and the sweats. I thought I had said goodbye to them. But wait this is not an interview, not even a telephone interview. What am I going to be like IF I ever get a real interview. I was thinking of maybe going to see a hypnotist to calm my nerves. I really have to do something. I can honestly say I have never been so worried or scared in my life but the weather is lovely here in denial. That's where I am staying until its all gone away.

Today is the second training day for my C25K so I will blog tomorrow re the pain and suffering.

Much love x








7 comments:

  1. I can't help you with the burping, but job hunting is so hard!

    Try shifting your outlook on it. It is not life or death. You are speaking to the recruiter or the HR person or the hiring manager to learn about the position and to find out if you are right for it. That's all. If you're not, it's better to find out sooner than later so you can move on. (You are investigating for yourself, too. It's not all about the employer.)

    As the process moves along, the more you demonstrate your "rightness" and conceal your "neediness" (for the job, to be liked, any type of neediness), the more they will be interested in you. Be warm but be cool. Your ultimate goal is to put yourself in the driver's seat to where they want you for the job. Then you get to say "yay" or "nay".

    Instead of thinking that the goal is for them to "like" you, think of the goal of putting yourself in the driver's seat. It will help to detach you from the emotional aspects of this endeavor.

    I have a lot of experience in recruiting. Employers look for employees with excellent skills and no drama. That's the bottom line.

    Help that helps! I have to get out there, too, so it's a pep talk for myself as well!

    OH! I might get to be FIRST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind - I've actually noticed that one LITTLE sip of soda can get enough air in to get the burp out. And I really mean little. I open one, take the first sip (most CO2) and then give the rest to my hubby.

    Job hunting: Be yourself. If you try to be who you think they want, you will come across as desperate and codependent. If you try to be who you are (much easier to do) then confidence will come across. And like Genie said, take charge. Ask them questions, too. Make yourself an asset from the get-go and they will like you and think they can't live without you. Recognize that the job may not be a perfect or even good fit for you and accept that. Don't take the first job that comes along and don't try to force the job (or interview) into what you think you need it to be. You are trying them on as much as they are trying you on. It really is a mutual thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that you will be fine...believe in yourself and believe that you deserve a job as much as the next person. Remember it is just a talk to find out a little bit more about you and your fit with the job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, I rarely burped the first whole year I had my band. I only started burping a lot again after I got unfilled during my first pregnancy. Now I can burp with the best of them! My biggest problem has been this weird throat gurgle that happens after I eat. I can just be sitting there, and there it is. It's quite embarrassing.

    As for the job hunting, I wish you lots of luck. I don't have any better advice than the previous commenters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Fiona ---I think Genie gave you some great advice. Believe in yourself and that light will shine through.

    PS I have a parakeet named Wylie than rules the roost.

    PSS Appreciated your post to my last blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG your stories are cracking me up! I have read thru each and every one of them and you are giving me great inspiration! thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 50 followers! I thought I was already following, but I wasn't! So now you have one more! My goal is 100 followers by the end of the year, but I've got a ways to go right now, as I'm only at 14! haha!

    ReplyDelete