Friday 23 April 2010

BYOC, Drazil's 5 questions

1. Name a career you would not Not want to do and tell why?
I wouldn't want to be a cancer Doctor. I could not break that kind of news to people, especially children. I think it would be a very big burden to take home every day.
I couldn't do the prison thing either. I totally agree with Drazil on this one. But I am very thankful that we have special people in the world that can do the jobs I cant. Where would we be without them?

2. Whats the best present you ever received for your birthday?
My two daughters are now 18 and 22 and they are fantastic present givers. Sharna always gets me a luxury item, examples Dolche Gusto coffee maker, Egyptian cotton sheets, tickets to see Wicked in the West End. And Laura always gets me something hugely practical, examples fab dressing gown and slippers just before my surgery date, new gym pants when my old ones were too big and she also bought me Copics pens which I lusted after for my crafting projects. They always make me feel really special and do lots of little things that mean so much.

3. What do you hide behind?
I cant put my answer to this question any better than Drazil! I am really scared that I will lose the person that I am now. And I am also scared that people in my life have put me into a box, i.e I am their fat friend, the one that makes them feel better about themselves. Is that going to change? Alternatively are people going to be nicer to me because I am thinner? I have always said " If I was thin I would do that" or "when I am thin my life will be this" Am I going to be able to live up to this fantasy? What if I'm just not that great a person afterall?

4. Where were you born?
I was born in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea but it wasnt as posh as it sounds. My Mother wasnt married and we didnt have much. I moved around London until I was 11, then we moved to Essex (just outside London) and I have lived there ever since. Although I did live in New Zealand for a year. If my numbers come up I will live in Florida because I love it.

5. Which comment affected you greatly?
I know its a lame answer but everyones post effect me. I am new to blogging and new to Lapbanding and until I found you all I felt very alone. My family and friends are all supportive but they dont understand like fellow banders do. I dont know how I would have got this far without Lap Band Talk and the lovely people I have met on there. And now I have a whole new world of friends who graciously share their innermost thoughts and help me through. I love you x

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I just saw your comment. You can totally come to BOOBS! EVERYONE is welcome. Did you check out the BOOBS blog? There's a link on my blog. Let us know if you can make it. I can't believe I wasn't following you! I LOVE your name! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete