Saturday 22 August 2009

Scared of rejection.

Hi Everyone,

I have two appointments at the hospital next week, pre band, and I am feeling really positive about it.

My first fears were that the banding would't work or that I would be ill, or that it would make me miserable but in preparation for the appointments I have been pouring over this website reading every bit of information I can find and really educating myself on what to expect.

So now I am really upbeat. I have started going to the gym 4 times a week and have lost 3 kgs BUT now I am scared because I have put so much hope on being banded that I cant imagine how I will feel if I get turned down. My head thinks in terms of "ok so when I have lost weight I will do this, or Oh by that date I should have lost 2 stone" and I am putting everything on hold until after the band.

But what if they say no??????
Money is one hurdle because I am expecting it to be a problem. It's not easy to get funding and I don't have any serious medical problems. But then it occured to me "what if they say I can't have it for some other reason?"

I dont suppose there are many people on here that have been turned down as I imagine it would be soul destroying to keep hearing of other peoples success.

But I would love to hear from anyone in the UK going through the same process.

I am seeing the surgeon on Friday so I promise whatever happens I will return to share the outcome. I have been trying to think of ways I could fund it myself even taking redundancy and getting it done in abroad. But there are so many things in the way.

My partner and I have 4 children between us so its not easy to find spare cash and I do feel selfish because its a lot of money to spend when it is physically possible to lose weight just by eating less and exercising more (wow I made it sound so easy then lol).

But anyway it's not worth getting in a state about something that hasn't happened yet. So see you all next week.

Stay well xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment